In selecting items to sell in a dropshipping business, there are major factors to consider as well as there are others things to look into. In the list are the other factors to consider.
1. MAP PRICING – Some of the manufacturers will set-up with what is called as a MAP or minimum advertised price for the products, and requires that all the resellers priced the products above or at certain levels. The pricing floor stop off the price wars which usually break out – particularly for the products that are simply for dropshipped – and help-out in making sure that the goods will make a rational profit by taking the manufacturer’s products. When you can locate a niche where the manufacturers enforce the MAP pricing it is a big benefit, particularly when you plan on creating a high-valued and informative rich site. With the prices that are similar across all of the competitors, you may compete on the strong point of your website, where you will not worry regarding losing business to a lesser reputable but affordable competition.
2. MARKETING POTENTIAL – The moment to think about marketing an industry is before you are about to launch it, and not three months within when you understand that the customer acquisitions are a nightmare. Can you break through the number of methods you would promote the store by, one sample giving away products to active online communities who are using those products that you are selling?
3. PERFECT PRICE – Be sure that you powerfully consider the cost point related to the equal of pre-sale services you will need to provide. Lots of people feel comfortable in placing the order online without dealing with somebody on the phone. But there are chances that most would like to directly chat with a sales representative just before making a large purchase, to ensure that the store is legal and that the items are a good fit. When you are planning to sell higher priced items, be sure that you are able to give them personalized phone support. You will also need to be sure that those margins are sufficiently rich to validate the pre-sale support you will need to give. Selling goods that have many accessories is the best way to enhance the overall margin.
4. LOTS OF ACCESSORIES – As a universal retail rule, margins on low cost accessories are considerably higher than the high-priced items. When a cellular phone store can only make the 5% margin with the recent Smartphone, they will almost certainly make the 100%-200% margins on the instance that works with it. Being a customer, we are also more sensitive to the price of the big-ticket items and careless about the smaller accessory prices.
5. SMALL TURNOVER – We are hoping that you are now convinced by that investing in the education-rich, top quality site might pay big dividends. However, when the products you are selling changes every year, sustaining the site is going to turn into a mountain work rapidly. Try finding products that are not updating new models each year round. In this way, your time and money invested in the superb site will also last long.
6. HARD TO FIND IT LOCALLY – Promoting a product that is hard to locate locally will boost your chances of accomplishments as long as you’re getting too specific. Lots of people are in need of a sprinkler or a garden rake that might simply run down in the area hardware store. However, where are you going to purchase a medieval knight’s outfit or the falcon training equipment? I bet you would be searching to Google and begin exploring with the items.
7. SMALLER IS BETTER – In this world where the free shipping deal is usually expected, this may be a test to sell heavy, large equipment that are expensive to ship. When the items are smaller, it is expected that the items will be easier and cheaper to ship to your customers.
Taking a profitable niche is not that simple needed to consider too many factors, but these guidelines will give you the best idea of the kinds of dropshipped products that will work well.
Know the group behind a success
Jet Set Fly is a movement of the top up-and-coming entrepreneurs in today’s generation led by the world’s most influential millennial entrepreneurs. The team members are well known across social media for their young age & extravagant lifestyle backed by proven results and experience in e-commerce, SAAS, internet marketing, digital media/content creation, consulting & world class coaching programs.